The Perks of Being Santa.
Whether you call him Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, Saint Nicholas or simply, Santa, this legendary figure has become an integral symbol of the festive season and the holiday of Christmas as a whole. With the help of elves, reindeers and his flying sleigh, the white-bearded, holy jolly man makes his way down people's chimneys that one night a year (and one night only) and hand delivers gifts and toys right under festively-lit Christmas trees whilst - trying - to leave no trace behind. Seems like a tough job but someone's gotta do it. And since one Santa can not possibly be enough, thousands of people around the world become part of the tradition and take on the profession every year.
Here are the perks of being a professional Santa.
- You get to live on the North Pole, far away from the buzz of the city and the pollution in the air (which is grrrreeeat for your skin.)
- You have a workshop with all the gifts in the world, which means you don't need to run to any hectic department stores at the last minute to get anything.
- You have elves that do the gift wrapping for you (so that angry Aunt from your dad's side of the family doesn't get cranky about getting a basic pair of slippers in a paper bag every year.)
You have a flying sleigh - read that again. A flying sleigh. *Alexa, play ´they see me rollin´ they hatin´, volume 28, please.
You can talk to reindeers. David Attenborough would be very jealous.
You get to wear the same outfit every season and the fashion police can't say anything about it. – Especially this year where the looks of Prada, Louis Vuitton and Valentino have made it their color of the year.
- You can have milk and cookies all day long and it would make perfect sense. Cause you´re Santa.
- Oh let's not forget – You get to snuggle in your big beautiful Santa bed for 11 months a year. A million people would kill for this job (queue in Emily from the Devil Wears Prada.)
- The jolly cheer of the season keeps you young. So, no botox needed for you!
- You are basically everyone's favourite. And all you have to do, is say ´Ho ho ho´.
There you have it. The ten perks of being a professional Santa! Merry Christmas.
Got more? Send us a letter (and we´ll pass it down the North Pole DHL Express.).